Friday 19 June 2009

Swine Flu hits Shepherd's Bush school

Bentworth SchoolBentworth Primary School in Bentworth Road Shepherd's Bush has confirmed two cases of swine flu this week.

We got the news yesterday via letters handed out by local schools but there seems to be a total absence of any other official advice at this stage.

In fact I was alerted to this a couple of days ago by a large influx of people to this blog who were searching this article I wrote ages ago, and coming to me via google searches. So I know that there are anxious people out there. As soon as I hear anything else I will post it up here, and if any official agency wants to share anything through here they only need to ask.

Parents, teachers and of course children at Bentworth School have been issued with the Tamiflu anti viral medication and the school remains open.

The official advice is for anyone feeling unwell with symptoms of flu to NOT visit their GP or hospital to avoid the risk of spreading infection. You can call NHS Direct instead on 0845 46 47 or visit them here.

Hammersmith & Fulham health workers themselves however apear to be less informed than I am and prone to over-reacting, as this episode shows!

It always looks a bit more serious when children get it but its important to bear in mind, as I said in this post when swine flu first came to this area, that the vast majority of people make a complete recovery.

1 comment:

  1. [...] May 5, 2009 by W12 FOR THE LATEST ON THE SCHOOL OUTBREAK PLEASE CLICK HERE [...]

    ReplyDelete