Tuesday 11 August 2009

W12 Business: I love my postcode

ilovemypostcode.comIn the past couple of months I have been collecting some interviews with local businesses in the Bush, and will be sharing these in a series. Can you think of anyone I should include? At the moment its just really my own experience as a Busher - I'm particularly looking forward to profiling my local barbers who have yet to understand what this internet thingy actually is. What does that matter when you get a good haircut?

Anyway, on to www.ilovemypostcode.com

Run by Rachel and based within W12 on the Goldhawk Road this is a service that is among the most vulnerable to the recession - really nice to have but not essential - and yet I have known them since last year and they seem to be going strong - so much credit to them just for that.

Whats the idea? To wear your postcode simply. Ona  t shirt, a fleece, a piece of any description.

And the good news? Readers of this blog can even claim a discount. There is a £5 discount on t shirts, £3 on pants and vests and half price on kids t shirts. To get this discount you will need to email rachel at rachel@ilovemypostcode.com and tell her you are claiming the Shepherds Bush Blog discount

Rachel describes ilovemypostcode.com as follows:

"we're a W12 based business and a small independent online retailer experimenting with clothing and community pride. We design, print and sell top qualit items of clothing with London postcodes printed on them. Choose your garment, choose your print ink, choose your postcode and voila we'll print it just for you"!

Check out their website for more details, and once again well done to ilovemypostcode.com - both for weathering the recession and more importantly building people's sense of pride in their area into a viable local business.

So there we are, first review done. Any other ideas? I shouldn't need to say this but I probably do - I have accepted no payment or other inducement for any of these!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Chris! And just to add, that we're also offering a fiver off our hoodies too... just like the one in the pic. Feel free to get in touch with any questions too.

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] August I profiled a local business and some historic local sites in and around W12 with a Historic Bush series of [...]

    ReplyDelete