Tuesday 18 May 2010

Heathrow runway scrapped

Whatever you thought of the election result it has begun to pay dividends for the Bush, as the new administration has announced plans to scrap the third runway at Heathrow. I did think about this as I flew in over west London from the Philippines the other day (a 17 hour flight including stop over!) - I was enjoying the view yet creating the noise and pollution, and yet I was flying back into a different country from the one I'd left. Here's a pic!

It's great news that the runway won't be built. There's not a lot of options when you're travelling to and from the far east, for example, but there are tons of flights that leave Heathrow every day that go to, er, Manchester for example. Ridiculous.

So credit to the new Government for administering the last rites to this plan, and to both our Council and Andy Slaughter MP for having opposed it from the outset. Thank goodness they won.

No comments:

Post a Comment